The Entitlement-Free Child: Raising Confident and Responsible Kids in a "Me, Mine, Now!" Culture
Parent Information and SupportFamily Time provides resources and decision-making strategies to parents. We offer one-on-one coaching services as well as workshops and seminars for parents.
Workshops and Clinics for Parents
- Mommy & Me Events
- Parent Problem Solving Clinics (Coaching Marathon at a host school)
- Laughing Your Way to Better Parenting: Problem Solving for Living with Children
- Powerful Parenting (3 Part Seminar - The Parent Report Card, Personal Strengths, & Problem Solving)
- Powerful Parenting Survival Strategies
- Power and Magic of Books: Books for all Ages & Stages
- Ready for School: Smooth Transitions
- Roadmap to Early Childhood: Proceed with Confidence
One-on-One Coaching gives you a customized parenting plan for day-to-day parenting situations (mealtime conflicts, bedtime frustrations, getting out the door in the morning, whatever is pushing your buttons). Here's how it works: One month of coaching includes three 30 minute sessions.
- The first session we discuss what's been working and not working so far - and why. You will then receive practical strategies to implement for the following week.
- The second session, we make the next step of adjustments in the plan or address new behaviors. This is the fine-tuning when you learn to handle any unexpected twists.
- The final session is two weeks later summarizing what you learned about yourself and your child, anticipating the developmental milestones ahead. Congratulations - Now, you can apply these skills to future parenting situations.
- Identify your child's temperament style and learning strengths
- Create the perfect "potty plan" that fits the unique needs of your child and your family
- Design a positive potty environment for your child
- Coach you through the ABC's of problem solving with your child
- Develop your child's confidence and competence
- Build a happier, stronger relationship with your child
|Or||if you're ready to go.|
Karen solves parenting dilemmas as a parenting expert. Read past advice.